The Hagstrom Suvik-DBS Super Viking 6 string electric guitar is an articulate, expressive semi-hollow with tons of power, a longer scale perfect for lower tunings, and a stunning Dark Baltic Sea finish.
Versatile tone, incredible playability, and sleek looks have powered the Hagstrom Viking to its commanding position in the in the semi-hollow body guitar world.
The Super Viking continues in the Viking tradition by incorporating key features from Hagstrom’s legendary Super Swede model into a Viking platform.
An important trait inherited from its Super Swede cousin is the Super Viking’s longer, 25.5 inches (648mm) scale length. Drop tunings are easy with this length scale, maintaining the brilliance of attack and powerful resonance throughout the instrument as lower tonal realms are explored.
Sonic versatility is further enhanced by Hagstrom’s new, open framed H-50’C humbucker pickups designed specifically for the Super Viking.
Add to this mix independent switching between humbucker and single coil mode via push/pull tone pots, and the Super Viking vastly expands your tonal horizons, creating a new sonic worlds to ravage.
Super Vikings feature gorgeous flamed maple body with block fingerboard inlay.
- Resinator Wood: Resinator wood is a wood composite material that is both more uniform in density and more stable than any standard wood product. These characteristics eliminate dead spots or “wolf tones” sometimes associated with conventional wood fingerboards. Resinator wood has an articulate sound similar to high-quality ebony but without any of the problems associated with ebony. It provides a stable and clear tone, and also adds higher overtones and harmonics which uniquely detail each note. Like our H-Expander truss rod, Resinator wood is a major contributor to the distinctive “Hagstrom tone”.
- Hagstrom Machine Heads: Hagstrom models use 18:1 or 15:1 gear ratio machine heads based on our own designs to ensure accurate tuning. Viking and HB series basses feature machine heads with a 17:1 gear ratio.
- H-Expander: All Hagstrom electric guitars and basses include our patented H-Expander truss rod. Providing tension at both ends and running the entire length of the neck, the rigid yet light-weight alloy truss rod allows for a very low action and thin neck, two factors that were instrumental in earning Hagstrom its reputation as the world’s fastest playing guitar. The H-Expander truss rod not only provides ultimate neck stability, but it also contributes to Hagstrom’s unique tone. Longer sustain and around attack are some of the sonic characteristics the H-Expander adds to the tonal essence of Hagstrom.
Set Neck: Hagstrom uses a variety of different neck joints throughout our range. Our set-neck recipe is the classic and time-tested Mortise and Tenon joint, a design that most efficiently transfers string energy from neck to body, and can often only be found on more expensive custom-built guitars. A team of experienced and dedicated craftsmen hand carves every neck joint, ensuring perfect execution of this traditional technique preferred by luthiers for generations.
Trapeze Stringholder/Tailpiece: The classic Viking trapeze stringholder/-tailpiece design is a work of art in itself. Right underneath the top part, where the two beautifully swept beams meet, it features a string claw for easy access and super comfortable string changes. Adorned with the legendary Hagstrom crest it truly is elegance defined.
- Material: Ply Maple
- Top: Contoured
- Style: Semi-Hollow
- Joint: Set Neck
- Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Truss Rod: H-Expander
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: Pearl Block
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Pickups: 2 x Hagstrom HJ-50
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Controls: 2 x Volume / 2 x Tone
- Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic with Hagstrom Trapeze Tail Piece
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom Design 18:1
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 110 (10-46)