Direct replacement for the following ProdecoTech Electric Bikes:
- Genesis 400 DT
- Genesis 600 DT
- Genesis R 600 DT
- Genesis RS 600 DT
- Phantom X 400 DR
- Phantom X 600 DT
- Phantom XR 600 DT
- Phantom X RS 600 DT
- Rebel X
- Rebel X Suspension
- Rebel X9
Battery Charger for Prodecotech Electric Bikes that utilize a downtube-style battery system. Compatible with all Life EV 36V models.
Modiary Charger for 36V 14.25Ah Batteries (DC 2.1mm Barrel Connector)
Smart 110~240V Input
Battery can be charged while on or off the bicycle.
Charging the battery
You will need to charge your battery prior to powering the bike for the first time. The battery may be in hibernate state which could take over 8 hours for the initial charge. The managed charge is designed to extend the life cycles of the battery. The Battery Management System incorporates a Cell Balancing feature and the initial charge should not be rushed.
Charge your battery as follows:
- Confirm the battery is OFF (No LED Lights) by pressing the ON/OFF rubber panel switch at the top of the battery. The LED indicator lights may or may not come on depending on the state of the battery.
- Lift the charging port rubber cover open at the bottom of the battery, exposing the DC 2.1mm Power Jack (charging port). There is also a 5v USB power source/communication port. Do not use the USB port other than to power a light or charge a cell phone. The USB 5v is for convenience and not guaranteed to power.
- Plug the charger into a wall outlet and confirm the charger is OFF. The LED light on the charger will display as clear when OFF. When ON the light will display green and when charging, it will display red.
- Plug the DC 2.1mm Jack into the battery charging port, confirming a tight connection.
- Turn the charger ON via the ON/OFF switch located on the charger power cord. The charger light will display red as it starts charging. Upon being fully charged (up to 8 hours initially), the charger will light green.
- Upon the battery being fully charged, turn the charger OFF via the ON/OFF switch located on the charger power cord. Disconnect the charger from the battery.
- NEVER leave the charger connected to the battery upon the battery being fully charged. As the battery drains via the BMS (Battery Management System), the charger will continuously charge the battery. This is not good for lithium batteries and will decrease the life of the battery.