Tricycles are made to order and take 4-6 weeks for delivery.
The Triaid IMP is a pediatric adaptive tricycle designed with younger children in mind, it is suitable for children from 2 1/2 years.
The IMP is capable of supporting up to 70 lbs. It has a low gear ratio for easy pedaling, 12 1/2" wheels, and smaller handlebars for those smaller fingers and hands.
The standard gearing on this trike is the 18 Tooth chainwheel - other gearing is available to meet the needs of your child.
Why BUY The IMP Tricycle:
- The dual axle drive system reduces pedaling resistance, making it easier to ride for a child with low muscle tone and decreased strength.
- This dual-axle special needs tricycle is outfitted with a low ratio 1:1 fixed gear- this means that for one revolution of the pedals there is one revolution of the wheels.
- The fixed gear design enables the child with special needs to start moving the tricycle easily, put the tricycle in reverse, and slow down if going too fast!
- FREE PUNCTURE PROOF TIRES
- FREE SHIPPING
There is a 4-6 week lead-time on all tricycles - Red and Blue may ship quicker than other colors.
Comparison Chart Across Different Triaid Models:
|COMPARISON CHART FOR TRIAID SPECIAL NEEDS TRICYCLES|
|TRIKES||OVERALL LENGTH||OVERALL WIDTH||TO SUIT INSIDE LEG (MIN)||TO SUIT INSIDE LEG (MAX)||SEAT TO HANDLE BARS (MIN)||SEAT TO HANDLE BARS (MAX)||MAX USER WEIGHT|
|IMP||39 1/2"||25 1/2"||12 1/2"||15 1/2"||11"||14 1/2"||70 lbs|
|TERRIER||45"||29"||16 1/2"||21 1/2"||14"||17"||100 lbs|
Options Available In Dropdowns Above:
Adjustable back/trunk support:
- A broad wrap-around back support with waist strap which has vertical and horizontal adjustments.
- The broad upholstered support gives extra stability to younger children.
- A pelvic strap can be added for more pelvic control.
In-line trunk support:
- The ultimate trunk control system.
- This unit provides trunk and pelvic stability and can be adjusted horizontally and vertically.
- It has a padded back pad, two curved lateral supports, waist strap and pelvic strap.
- The lateral supports can be independently adjusted in height and width and can swing-away for ease of transfer.
Footsandals C/W pulley system:
- Positions and retains the foot on the pedal by means of webbing straps and durable jam lever buckles.
- The pulley system acts to ensure that the pedals remain in the optimum position to pedal.
- Locates into a footsandal bracket and can be used individually or in pairs.
- It helps to prevent abduction and abduction by supporting the riders leg below the knee in a padded cuff.
- Enables riders who are unable to hold onto the handlebars to steer the tricycle.
- The support controls the hand position which in turn helps to provide the rider with better trunk stability and head control.
Push/pull Control Pole:
- A guidance pole which can be located at the rear of the tricycle or at the front to enable steering.
- The comfort saddle cannot be used with other options that have trunk support (adjustable back trunk support items.)
- If you are ordering a trunk support item, do not order a comfort saddle and vice-versa.
Pink image shown with adjustable trunk support and foot sandals.