Tricycles are made to order and take 4-6 weeks for delivery.
The Triaid Terrier is a pediatric adaptive tricycle designed with younger children in mind, it is suitable for kids from 4½ to 8 years old.
The Terrier is capable of supporting up to 100 lbs.
The inseam range for a child using the Terrier is 16½"-21 ½".
The standard gearing on this trike is the mid-range gear 18 Tooth chainwheel with a 24 Tooth rear sprocket - other gearing is available to meet the needs of your child.
If your child's needs change, you can purchase a new Triaid chain ring for your local bike shop to install.
The Terrier's stability is built into the frame with a low center of gravity and a broad wheelbase, helping to prevent tipping. An adjustable steering stop is another stability feature the Terrier offers to help control the turning circle of the special needs tricycle.
The Terrier adds contemporary design, comfort and safety to enhance a child's strength, self-esteem and fun!
Why BUY The Terrier Tricycle:
- The dual axle drive system reduces pedaling resistance, making it easier to ride for a child with low muscle tone and decreased strength.
- This dual-axle special needs tricycle is outfitted with a low ratio 1:1 fixed gear- this means that for one revolution of the pedals there is one revolution of the wheels.
- The fixed gear design enables the child with special needs to start moving the tricycle easily, put the tricycle in reverse, and slow down if going too fast!
- FREE PUNCTURE PROOF TIRES
- FREE SHIPPING
- Durable, rugged frame
- 16" wheels
- Caliper brake & parking brake mechanism
- Fixed drive gear, dual-axle system for smooth riding and reduced pedal resistance
- Traditional handle bars
- Adjustable back/trunk support
To Measure: inside leg measurement crouch to floor and arm reach with clinched fist
|COMPARISON CHART FOR TRIAID SPECIAL NEEDS TRICYCLES|
|TRIKES||OVERALL LENGTH||OVERALL WIDTH||TO SUIT INSIDE LEG (MIN)||TO SUIT INSIDE LEG (MAX)||SEAT TO HANDLE BARS (MIN)||SEAT TO HANDLE BARS (MAX)||MAX USER WEIGHT|
|IMP||39 1/2"||25 1/2"||12 1/2"||15 1/2"||11"||14 1/2"||70 lbs|
|TERRIER||45"||29"||16 1/2"||21 1/2"||14"||17"||100 lbs|
Options Available in Dropdowns Above:
Adjustable back/trunk support:
- A broad wrap-around back support with waist strap which has vertical and horizontal adjustments.
- The broad upholstered support gives extra stability to younger children.
- A pelvic strap can be added for more pelvic control.
In-line trunk support:
- The ultimate trunk control system. This unit provides trunk and pelvic stability and can be adjusted horizontally and vertically.
- It has a padded back pad, two curved lateral supports, waist strap and pelvic strap.
- The lateral supports can be independently adjusted in height and width and can swing-away for ease of transfer.
Footsandals C/W pulley system:
- Positions and retains the foot on the pedal by means of webbing straps and durable jam lever buckles.
- The pulley system acts to ensure that the pedals remain in the optimum position to pedal.
- Locates into a footsandal bracket and can be used individually or in pairs.
- It helps to prevent abduction and abduction by supporting the riders leg below the knee in a padded cuff.
- Enables riders who are unable to hold onto the handlebars to steer the tricycle.
- The support controls the hand position which in turn helps to provide the rider with better trunk stability and head control.
Push/pull Control Pole:
- A guidance pole which can be located at the rear of the tricycle or at the front to enable steering.
- This large saddle is contoured to help tilt the pelvis to stop the rider sliding forward on the saddle.
- The contoured shape holds the pelvis in a good position and the raised front section helps to abduct the legs to stop scissoring or the coming together of the knees.
- Its anatomic shape means that rider sits more into the saddle
- The seat shape angles the pelvis to a better riding position
- Its broad which again gives good pelvic stability.
- There is a raised medial section in the seat that acts in the same way as pommel by helping to abduct the legs slightly.
- Shaped so that it provides better seating position & much less likelihood of sliding forward in the seat. Best used in conjunction with standard or padded pelvic straps.
Both styles of trunk support (Basic Adjustable Back Trunk Support & In Line Trunk Support) can be used with the contour saddle.